Tuesday 2 December 2014

The biggest failure

This doesn’t look like a racetrack I thought as I face planted while hopping out of my jeep. “What’s up dude,” said a voice. “Not me that’s for sure,” I replied.
“The names Bob.”
 “John” I told him as I brush the dust off my shirt “so what car will I be driving I ask.

A little while later the ground started to rumble. “HOLY!” I screamed as this humongous skyscraper of machinery blocked out the sun. “What . . . is . . . that?” I stuttered.
“ This Bob” said proudly, “is the Terex titan.

“ I drive cars not this!” I shouted gesturing to the truck. “ Sorry,” my boss said. I am going to fail big time I thought as I went to sleep.

“The first test will be a series of maneuvers through the mine.” Bob instructed me pointing to the titan. I gulped as I climbed in to the cab. And put on my headset. “You okay up there?” Bob asked. “ Yep”

“Just ease down the accelerator,” Bob instructed me nervously knowing that I cant drive trucks especially the biggest one in the world. “ Just a bit more,” Bob coaxed me.

“NOT THAT MUCH!” Bob screamed at me mid turn as I lost control and the back of the truck slammed into a concrete wall but it was such a big truck that it shattered the wall and did a 360 degree turn. Then the tire hit a rock and popped.


Description: Macintosh HD:Users:flynngordon:Desktop:Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 12.10.41 pm.png

As we hopped out we could see the damage I’ve made. It looked all right, from the front that is. We got the real deal when we looked at the back. The back of the tipper was just dangling there! The worst part was the tire. Half of it was ripped to shreds.

 “ Sorry” I mumbled
“SORRY DOESN’T CUT IT!” Bob screamed at me. “ Go into town and get me a new truck,” Bob said calmly for some reason that scared me even more than when he’s yelling.

2 million dollars later, I’ve gotten a new and hired a driving a driving company to drive it there for me. “ Good decision to get someone to drive it here instead of you,” Bob said happy with the titan. “Thanks,” I said relief flooding through me.


By Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment